TAUGHT BY: Class of Public Wellness
Duration associated with course by having a study load that is full-time. Learning part-time will expand the period of the program.
If period isn’t available (N/A) the providing may be part of a bigger course.
This program was created to give you expert understanding and abilities when you look at the part of sexology. You certainly will examine present research that relates to the biological, emotional and social facets of peoples sex, and you’ll additionally learn different research techniques.
You will end up given a background that is comprehensive sexology, an in-depth post on intimate and reproductive general public medical issues, an introduction to forensic sexology, and a way to explore sexology from cultural views. Furthermore, you can expect to review your attitudes and values in an environment that is sex-positive.
Please be aware: Media product of the nature that is sexually graphic utilised in this program.
Please relate to the handbook for extra program overview information.
That which you’ll discover
- use maxims and ideas of sexology along with other associated procedures such as general general public health, biology, behavioural sciences, ethics together with legislation to research and training
- interpret and critically analyse topics and dilemmas highly relevant to sexology; think artistically to build revolutionary answers to market healthy sexuality that is human
- access, evaluate and synthesise appropriate information to the practice of sexology; demonstrate abilities in ethical thinking
- keep in touch with experts and community users to market sexology making use of effective written and communication that is oral improve sexology research towards the medical community making use of effective types of communication
- effectively make use of new and technologies that are existing gather information, analyse information and communicate; accumulate and manage information ethically and effectively
- demonstrate cap ability in interdependent and learning that is self-directed expert development in the area of sexology
- recognise thereby applying perspectives that are international maxims to sexology
- demonstrate understanding and respect for individual human being legal rights and diversity that is cultural
- work expertly and ethically across a selection of settings; show a advanced level standard of independency and leadership
Why research Graduate Diploma in Sexology
- Integrate understanding of the biological, social and psychological facets of peoples sex into the expert control.
- This program keeps exceptional affiliations that are professional. They attract neighborhood, interstate and worldwide pupils, ensuring greater networking possibilities beyond Perth and Australia.
- Our sexology system ended up being awarded the World that is prestigious Association Sexual wellness ‘Award for Excellence & Innovation in Sexuality Education’ for 2007. This will be just granted every two years and it is very competitive along with programs around the world entitled to use. Curtin ended up being the university that is first win this honor.
Upon graduation perhaps you are entitled to membership regarding the community of Australian Sexologists (SAS), which can be user around the globe Association for Sexual Health. You might get a professional name as being a Psychosexual Therapist and/or Sexuality Educator from SAS after conclusion of direction needs. Needs for such games far away vary.
Our graduates established professions in lots of areas, including:
- Sex therapy, education, research and consultancy
- son or daughter and elder security
- intimate wellness policy development
- individual legal rights
- cyber-safety training
- wellness advertising
- youth work
- medical and danger management
- forensic evaluation.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand pupils
Australia / New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
A degree that is recognised among the wellness careers, social work or welfare studies, psychology, theology, training, behavioural sciences, including sociology, anthropology or biological sciences or associated areas.
You’ll also have to offer information that is supplementary the application.
Curtin calls for all candidates to show proficiency in English. Particular English demands because of this program are as outlined into the IELTS table below. Extra information as to how it is possible to meet with the requirement that is english be located from the English proficiency web web page.
|IELTS Academic (Overseas English Language Testing System)|
|general musical organization rating||7.0|
Pearson Test of English Academic: 60
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
Important program prerequisites
A bachelor level in a health that is professional, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, training, biological sciences or behavioural sciences, including sociology or anthropology.
You will have to submit information that is supplementary the application.
If you’re learning in Australia for mail-order-bride.biz/indian-brides/ a student visa, you need to learn on-campus and full-time.
Other demands and notes because of this program
The mid-year consumption is part-time research just. This may expand this course extent. Mid-year consumption just isn’t open to worldwide pupils.
Besides the course-specific admission requirements in the list above, please read our basic admission requirements. Our basic admission criteria connect with all courses at Curtin University.
Advanced standing credit that is / recognition of previous learning
Australia / Brand Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
At Curtin, we realize that everyone’s scholarly research journey is various.
You may have previously examined a number of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program, or perhaps you could have work experience that fits their education demands.
If this relates to you, it is possible to make an application for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means that your past research is recognised and compared to a comparable product in your intended Curtin course.
A effective CRL application exempts you against being forced to finish specific devices in your program and means you can complete your level in a smaller amount of time.
CRL can also be referred to as recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Utilize the CRL search to discover exactly how much CRL you be eligible for a, or call us at:
E-mail: [email protected] Tel: 1300 222 888
At Curtin, we realize that everyone’s scholarly study journey happens to be various.
You might have currently examined a few of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program at another educational organization, or perhaps you might have work experience that fits the degree needs.
A CRL that is successful application you from needing to finish certain devices in your program and means you might complete your degree in a reduced period of time.
CRL normally referred to as recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Utilize the CRL search to discover just how much CRL you be eligible for, or call us at: